Terms & Policies
EQUIPMENT RENTAL POLICIES:
- Rental rates are by the hour (with the exception of backcountry buggy tours). We collect payment for the first hour up front, and any extra time is charged upon your return and in half hour increments.
- Rentals are first come, first served.
- All ages are welcome. We have something for everyone.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the water. Additional age restrictions apply for standup paddle board (SUP) rentals.
- Minors 8-15 years of age may SUP only if a parent is on the water and will be next to the minor for the duration of the rental. Minors 16 and up may paddle board without a parent on the water with them but are required to have their parent sign our rental waiver.
- Minors age 13-17 may kayak or canoe without a parent being on the water, but must have a parent or legal guardian sign the rental waiver.
- Rentals stop one hour before close.
- Return no later than our closing time to avoid late fees.
- Participants are financially responsible for injuries and lost or damaged equipment.
A valid Government Issued Photo ID is required. A driver license is best.
All participants must sign a Rental Equipment Agreement, Waiver and Release of Liability and minors (under age 18) must have a guardian sign for them.
A credit card in the same name as the ID, to use as a security deposit.
Please leave your valuables at home or well hidden within your vehicle. We will happily hold your keys for you while you are on the water, but are unable to hold any other personal items.
Bring water or other drinks in non-glass containers, preferably reusable containers. We sell drinks at the hut should you forget to bring hydration.
Don’t forget the sunscreen. It is best to apply it before you arrive at the lake.
Alcohol is prohibited on Grindstone Lake by Village of Ruidoso ordinance.
All our boats require physical work, but participants do not have to regularly exercise to enjoy their experience. Participants of all sizes and ages can enjoy our Backcountry Attitudes experiences.